It is crucial that we can find new ways to produce energy that do not deplete natural resources or produce harmful greenhouse gas emissions. That is where RES comes in — a clean, reliable, and cost-effective solution to the world’s energy needs!
Types of the energy sources
There are several types of RES, each with its own unique characteristics and potential for growth. For instance:
- • Solar energy — is the most abundant form of renewable energy on Earth. Generated by harnessing the power of the sun through solar panels or other technologies.
- • Wind energy — is another popular form of renewable energy. Produced from the power of the wind through wind turbines.
- • Hydroelectric energy — harnesses the power of moving water, such as from a river or waterfall.
- • Geothermal energy — comes from the heat of the Earth’s core.
- • Bioenergy — is powered by organic matter, such as plant material or waste.
According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix has been increasing steadily.
A record of 178 GW of new power capacity was achieved in 2019 alone. In fact, renewable energy is projected to be the largest source of electricity generation by 2050, with solar and wind accounting for 60% of the total energy production.
Renewable energy sources are the key to a sustainable future. They are abundant, clean, reliable, and cost-effective, making them a viable solution to meet the world’s energy needs.
With continued investment and innovation such as our C4E project brings, we can ensure that renewable energy sources play a central role in the global energy mix for many years to come.
Let us make the future bright, clean, and sustainable with RES and the use of blockchain!